Who We Are:
Export Promotion Agency of Afghanistan (EPAA) is devision of Ministry of Commerce and Industry. EPAA strive to serve Afghan and International Exporters with the highest levels of efficiency, integrity, and accountability. Learn more about our team members.
EPAA is an executive arm of the Ministry of Commerce and Industries was established in September 2006 with financial and technical support of GTZ. in Afghanistan
Biography of His Excellency Mohammad Shaker Kargar Minister of Commerce and Industries.
Mohammad Shaker Kargar son of Elhaj Wakil Ustad Ab.Rasul Kargar was born in a prominent family in kargar city of culture and ancient Andkhoy district of Faryab Province.M.Shaker from paternal is grandson of Haji wakilnaderniyaz and from maternal is grandson of Wakil Ahmad Khan Kalantar, that on the time of Amir Amanullah khan, in 1307 Hijri National assembly and Large assembly 1310 Hijri they were the Representatives of Faryab province. And he has passed his childhood in this prominent family.
Biography of His Excellency Mr. Mozammil Shinwari Deputy of Minister of Commerce and Industries.in December 2011
Mr. Mozammil Shinwari wa appointed Deputy Minister of Trade of the Ministry of Commerceand Industries in December 2011.During the lasttwo years, Mr.Shinwari has been leading Afghanistan's endeavor to accede to the World Trade Organization(WTO). At the same time, he successfully led numerous regional and bilateral integration initiatives within the framework of the South Asian Association for Regional Economic Cooperation (SAARC). and the Economic Cooperation Organization (ECO).
CORE VALUES, MANDATES & OBJECTIVES
- To conduct research and information gathering on international and local markets.
- To publish papers related to Afghanistan and international trade.
- To promote awareness of the export markets.
- To support Afghanistan’s brand building efforts.
- To provide export support services, which include:
- Technical assistance; information and support on export-related topics, including: regulatory compliance, traders’ contact information, financing options, logistics, customs, packaging, and pricing.
- Capacity building (trainings, seminars, courses, conferences and other education-related).
- Consulting and support on export promotion.
- Facilitating financial support.
- Marketing (trade fairs, shows and mission).
- Partnerships and alliances for exports (collaboration with other government organizations, donors, private sector associations, foreign counterparts and similar).
- Management of the one-stop shop for exporters.